Community Forum Guidelines
Be Helpful and Relevant
Our Community is intended to provide helpful, relevant content to technology users, vendors, integrators, technology experts, researchers, government entities and academicians. Content you submit should be relevant and based on your own expertise and experience.
- Only submit content on the discussion topic.
- Offer guidance and educational content that other Community members can apply as they progress on their IoT journey.
- Offer examples of real-world IoT implementations that will help others learn what is going on in the industry and how they can use that information as guidance.
- Ask questions relevant to your own learnings about IoT applications.
Promotions and Commercial Solicitations
In order to preserve the integrity of our Community content, content and activities consisting of blatant advertising, promotion or solicitation (whether direct or indirect) is not allowed.
- You may refer to your products or services in the context of adding value to the discussion, but they should not be the focal point of your comment. Your comment will be most valuable if it is vendor agnostic and educational in nature.
- Exclude any comments about your competitors’ products or services.
- Refrain from advertising events as discussion topics. Event mentions are appropriate if they are not the main topic of a posting. Postings that include events will be evaluated and removed if determined to be too promotional in nature. Keep the discussions around the importance of technology, challenges, innovation and results. We encourage you to join and share event information on the IIC LinkedIn Group.
In order to maintain a welcoming environment for all users, your participation in our Community must always be respectful of others. In particular:
- Don’t post content that is libelous, defamatory, harassing, threatening or inflammatory. For example, don’t use obscenities or profanity, and don’t express hatred or intolerance for people on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, gender or gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability, including by promoting organizations with such views.
- Don't post content that is political in nature.
- Don’t post content that is obscene, pornographic, or lewd, or that contains nudity or sexually explicit images.
- Don’t post content that invades others’ privacy. For example, don’t post other people’s phone numbers, email addresses, mailing addresses, or other personal information, and don’t post links to phishing or other malware sites.
- Don’t impersonate other people or organizations or pretend to be someone or something you are not.
- Don’t repeatedly send messages or requests to other people.
- Don’t attempt to drown out other people’s opinions, including by posting from multiple accounts or coordinating with others.
- Don’t engage in name-calling or attack people based on whether you agree with them.
- You may question the beliefs and expertise of others as long as it is relevant and done in a respectful and non-threatening manner.
Discussions on this site fall under the guidelines of the Industrial Internet Consortium and Object Management Group legal notices and policies found here.
All information posted on this Community Forum is not confidential.
Join us and enjoy!